Westminster Woods is seeking qualified applicants as Challenge Course Facilitators. The Challenge Course at Westminster Woods operates year round and works with diverse populations of youth and adults. Our challenge course is utilized as a tool to support and nurture personal and group growth. We provide an environment for groups to learn more about themselves, explore taking healthy risks, and empower themselves in a fun, challenging environment. Training for this position will be provided.
The primary role of this position is to support Facilitators during programming. A high priority of this position is to manage the emotional and physical risks of challenge course participants. Challenge Course Facilitators and technicians at Westminster Woods work directly with groups of youth, adults, teams, and families on low, ground based, team-building activities and high ropes activities including our 300 ft. Zip Line, Giant Swing, Static Course, and eight other stand alone elements. This is a part-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility listed under "Responsibilities" below. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Previous facilitation, ropes course, climbing, or summer camp experiences preferred.
- Previous leadership experience working with children and adults.
- A strong desire for personal growth and to inspire growth among others.
- The ability to independently lead and work with small groups of 8-12 participants of various ages and backgrounds.
- Comfortably lead large group activities with groups of up to 150+ individuals.
- Friendly, approachable, and open minded.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- The ability to be flexible and creative in programming and scheduling.
- The ability to make sound decisions.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certifications
Challenge Course Facilitators will be exposed to all weather conditions. The position requires frequent standing, sitting, walking on uneven terrain, lifting of weight in excess of 40 pounds, stooping, reaching and climbing high elements.
A mandatory 40 hours of training will be provided August 21-25, 2017.
- Facilitate interpersonal and intrapersonal development through high and low ropes course experiences.
- Demonstrate sound group management skills in both large and small groups.
- Tailor programs to meet the needs of each group by incorporating group requests, program logistics, and participants' physical abilities.
- Provide a safe environment, both physically and emotionally, for all guests and peers.
- Manage participant safety by using appropriate risk management; administer and document first aid as needed.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures for the Westminster Woods Challenge Course Program
- Set-up, takedown, and operate low ropes and high ropes elements
- Work in a team environment with other facilitators and naturalists to provide a fun, meaningful and quality experience for our guests.
Based on experience.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references by July 28, 2017 to the Challenge Course Manager, Jessica Barry at email@example.com .
Westminster Woods values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all backgrounds, abilities, cultures, orientations, identities, and communities.